Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer that develops in the lining of the lungs, abdomen, or heart which it is Caused by asbestos.important facts of the mesothelioma has no known cure and has a very poor prognosis.
Generally, 2,400 – 2,800 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma in the United States each year. People who have that they exposed to asbestos have the highest risk of developing mesothelioma.Furthermore, mesothelioma symptoms can take 20 – 50 years to appear.
The life expectancy for mesothelioma patients is very poor, as there is no cure for the disease. Most important factors for a patient’s survival are the stage of the disease, cell type, and location of the tumor(s) and etc. Factors such as the patient’s overall health, age, and whether cancer has spread also impact prognosis.
Types of Mesothelioma
- Pleural Mesothelioma; This cancer is located in Lungs and Most common among the varies types of Mesothelioma cancers caused by inhalation the Asbestos Fibers.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma; This cancer is located in Abdomen caused by inhaled or swallowed Asbestos Fibers.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma: This cancer is located in Pericardium of Heart caused by inhaled or swallowed Asbestos Fibers
Diagnosing Mesothelioma Symptoms
Doctors conduct a variety of tests to rule out other diseases.Otherwise, Diagnosing of Mesothelioma is very complicated so need times to do it.
Common Symptoms of Mesothelioma
- Trouble breathing or chest pain.
- Effusion (fluid buildup) in the lungs or abdomen.
- Anemia (especially in women).
- Loss of weight.
During diagnosis, the doctor categorizes the disease as one of four stages.
Four Stages of Mesothelioma
STAGE 1-Early Stage which it is located one area and not spread.
STAGE 2-Secondary Stage which is located so area and has spread but no spread furthermore.
STAGE 3-Tertiary Stage which Tumors have typically spread beyond the local area to several nearby locations and the lymph nodes.
The stage 4-very dangerous stage which The tumors spread into multiple areas and throughout the lymphatic system, invading other organs throughout the body.
Typically, early stage and second stage of mesothelioma can treat effectively with surgery and other forms of therapy. However, Stage 3 and Stage 4 mesothelioma are often treated palliatively.
Treatment for mesothelioma is similar to other cancer which there are surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation.
How To Solve Any Cancer?